2013년 5월 23일 목요일

Seoul History Travel


  Seoul is capital of the Joseon Dynasty that reign along 5 hundred years. Seoul is central of Korea's history. Seoul has a number of palaces, gates, and graves with modern history's evidence like Tapgol Park and Seodaemun Prison History Hall. We should go those historic sites living in Korea. I would introduce Gyeongbokgung, Sungnyemun and Seodaemun Prison History Hall of them.

  Gyeongbokgung is the best royal palace of the Joseon dynasty. It receive several wounds, but it has been returning since 1990 years. You can see quintessence of royal culture in Gyeongbockgung that is central of Seoul capital.
 
 
 

 Sungnyemun is the South Gate of Seoul as well as No. 1 national treasure of Korea erected at in King Tae Jo period. As Joseon built infrastructure of city in order of leading statesmen, royal palaces and casttle towns, Joseon had been making arrangements. Since then, Sungnyemun protected South of Hanyang. But in 2008, Sungnyemun was lossen by an absurd fire. That accident aroused attention to us about importance of cultural properties. After that accident, Sungnyemun was restored by traditional way. Last May 4, it had commemoration of restoration. So we can see Sungnyemun again.
  Seodaemun Prison History Hall is prison of independence activist who fight for independence of Korea. Also people participating in the pro-democracy demonstrations were put in it. This place is typical place to show rocky history. Today, this prison opened as history hall for lesson of historic pain. We can see and experience real states of prison in past in there.
 
 
 
 Before you go history travel, you should learn about history of cultural properties. If you learned related and hidden history before you go travel about history, you could feel more things than when you don't do that. So, people say that "You can see something as you know something.". Also you can feel spirits of humans from that time. It is very important to explore historic sites.

댓글 2개:

  1. Hello. Hyun Song. I am Yeon Hee. I really happy to see the restoring of Sungnyemun. We have to protect our historic sites. Well, Seoul has more historic sites than my thinking. When I go to Seoul, certainly I will see the historic sites which you inform to me. bye bye.

    답글삭제
  2. Hi, Hyunsong. I'm Ung. I went to Seoul many times but I didn't visit the historical places properly. I reflect on myself not to have attention to them. I am glad that Sungnyemun is restored by traditional way. I want to see this quickly.

    답글삭제