2013년 4월 17일 수요일

Geojedo, The Island Where the Nature and History Breathe

 It is best to go to Geoje Island if you want to see the panoramic sky and blue sea in the southern sea. Geoje Island is located in southern coast of Gyeongsangnam-do. And Geoje Island is the second largest island in Korea. Geoje Island is the island, and is connected to Gyeongsangnam-do. When you run the road in Geoje, you can see the see frequently during the journey. You can also see the wonderful sea scenery anywhere on beach road. The south coast in Korea is a archipelago. So, if you look at the sea Geoje island, it is possible to see the other islands as
                                                                                    not difficult.
The Round[mong] Pebble Beach(몽돌해수욕장)
 
  The round pebble beach is composed of round stone like bird eggs not the sand like other beaches. The most famous round pebble beach in Geoje is Hak-dong round pebble beach. Well, I went Mangchi round pebble beach. This beach is known to people relatively little, so the sea is clean and have the quiet side. The wave sound stroking round pebble is heard beautifully. It is a sound that feel at peace. You can try ducks and drakes using flat pebbles. However, the fine is 200,000 won if you steal the stone there.



 The Remains Park of Geojedo POW Camp (거제도 포로 유적공원)
 
 The Remains Park of Geojedo POW Camp is historical site where have the pain of historical Korean War. It is a must-see when traveling to Geoje Island. The Geojedo POW Camp had taken the prisoners at the time of the Korean War. That time, those POW camp accommoates 17 million prisoners including 15 million the North Korean prisoners. And now, it is being used as a security experience hall.
 The entrance fee for adults is 4500 won. Each experience hall is shaped like a tank, a military hat and so on. The details of the overall society situation of our country in the war, lots of information POW camp, as well as life of the prisoners, and the progression of the Korean War have described well. Even the riot scene that happened in the prison camp was reproduced. It is not possible that we see about the Korean War more vividly than this remains park. This remains park will be the opportunity to learn more about the Korea's modern history.


댓글 4개:

  1. 작성자가 댓글을 삭제했습니다.

    답글삭제
  2. 작성자가 댓글을 삭제했습니다.

    답글삭제
  3. Hi, hyeon song. I`m hye mi. I have never been to Geoje island. So I want to go to travel the island. If I had a boyfriend, I go to there with him.;-( I want to visit there with my family. It will be great to my family! Thanks for your post!
    PS Sorry, there are a lot of deleted comments.;-(

    답글삭제
  4. Hello, Hyeon song. I'm Sam. Your post is really impressive. I have been there with my family for a trip to Geojedo remember when I was a kid. Geojedo is a very beautiful island. If I have a chance, I would like to visit again. I look forward to your next post. Bye Bye ~~~ ^^

    답글삭제